Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
Turn your concrete floor into a stunning and functional design statement with My Floor’s state-of-the-art concrete polishing processes. We can create a beautifully smooth and glossy surface that is perfectly suited to any home, commercial or industrial space. Our leading concrete polishing Brisbane services will make any floor shine!
Our specially designed polished concrete floors are the easiest way to increase your floor’s abrasion and impact resistance, while also providing a beautiful finished surface that is hard wearing and simple to maintain. We offer an exclusive 10 year warranty on all our concrete polishing Brisbane services, so you can get the most out of your new floor for years to come.
At My Floor we provide exceptional concrete polishing all over Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast & Toowoomba. We have designed a special polishing system that seals the surface of your existing concrete floor, eliminating dust, preventing the intrusion of dirt or chemicals, and making your new floor incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
The practice of diamond floor polishing is quite a new one, and has only been around for less than 20 years. Our signature polished concrete and Hiperfloor concrete polishing systems involve a careful multi-step process that minimises the amount of ongoing maintenance. We expertly grind the existing concrete surface before then treating and polishing it with specially designed concrete densifier products. Then the surface of the concrete is grinded down further with finer and finer diamonds, until we achieve the beautiful glossy surface you desire.
All our polished concrete floors in Brisbane fully comply with the AS/NZS 4586 and AS 1428 building regulations for slip resistance, access and mobility as set by the Building Code of Australia.
Our concrete polishing in Brisbane involves a thorough and specialised process to ensure the highest quality result, every time.
Grinding and Sealing the Concrete
We begin the whole process by grinding the existing concrete surface using heads fitted with coarse 16 or 30 grit diamond.
We then continue increasing the size of the diamond grit to 60 or 80, and then 120 for a super-close finish. This process removes all visible scratches on the surface.
We also use expert grouting or patching systems to fill any holes, cracks or imperfections which can appear as we are grinding the old surface down. Once we have perfected the initial concrete surface, it gets cleaned and sealed with a natural matte or gloss coat of enhancing sealer that permeates the entire surface. It fills the inner pores of the concrete to at least 2-5mm deep, to prevent any future staining from spills or oil.
Our extensive range of penetrating and film coat sealers include traditional solvent based ones as well as environmentally-friendly water based ones. They vary in their look and feel, and you can choose the solvent you’d like applied to your floor depending on the overall appearance you want to achieve.
Polishing the Concrete
The concrete polishing process starts with a 50 grit diamond resin pad, followed by resin pads of steadily increasing diamond grit in 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, and finally 3000 grit.
Hardening the Concrete
To help harden the floor we use a solution known as concrete densifier. During the polishing process it gets applied to the concrete and is then absorbed, improving the density of the surface by up to 10 times! This effectively prevents all sorts of contaminants including water and oil from penetrating the concrete over time. It also significantly improves its abrasion and impact resistance, resulting in much less required maintenance.
Dyeing the Concrete
We can also alter the colour of the concrete with our range of concrete dyes. These are applied to the floor with a spray while the polishing process is being carried out, the spray penetrates the surface to create a natural translucent look to the concrete. Depending on how vibrant you want your colour, we can apply up to several applications of spray for a brighter surface.
We offer 25 different colour dye options for you to select from, all from the polished concrete Boral range. However, please be aware that our dyes are not UV (ultraviolet) stable, and will fade over time especially if used on outdoor surfaces.
Decorative Concrete Cutting
If you want to add some decorative shapes or patterns to your new flooring, we can also do this for you with our concrete cutting process. This will be carried out before the final stages of the polishing process are completed, so your finished floor surface will look like stunning polished concrete tiles.
This process can also be used to help create beautiful polished concrete benchtops as well as floors.
Our Brisbane based concrete polishing service will not only provide you with an exceptional finished surface that you’ll want to show off to all your friends, it will also give you a number of other functional, economic and ecological benefits as well.
Functional Benefits of Polished Concrete Flooring
1. Your floors are hardened, sealed and dust proof which makes them stronger, easier to clean and longer lasting.
2. All our polished concrete floors come fully backed with a 10 year warranty, to ensure they last well into the future.
3. Our polished concrete floors are 40% more abrasion resistant compared to steel troweled concrete.
4. Our polished concrete floors are 20% more impact resistant compared to steel troweled concrete.
5. You will see a 30% increase in ambient light reflection over steel troweled concrete.
6. Polished densified floors are resistant to tyre marks, making them ideal for industrial buildings that see a lot of heavy vehicle traffic.
7. They add significant architectural interest and appeal to a concrete floor, both with and without the use of dyes.
8. You don't need to use sealer or wax to maintain your concrete floors ever again, because they will retain their smooth and glossy appearance. All you need to do is regularly clean the floor with a neutral cleaner to remove dust and stains.
Ecological Benefits of Polished Concrete Flooring
1. It is the greenest and most sustainable type of flooring being used today.
2. There is no need to use any sort of protective floor covering, which would then end up in landfill sites in a few years’ time.
3. No membrane sealers are used during the polishing process, so absolutely no toxins or chemicals are released into the air.
4. We don't use any volatile organic compounds in our polished concrete flooring systems.
5. You will see an increase in natural ambient light, which means you won’t have to use as much electricity as you won’t need to keep your lights on as long.
6. They will reduce your heating and cooling bills with their thermal mass properties.
Economic Benefits of Polished Concrete Flooring
1. The cost of installation is lower than most other forms of flooring.
2. The ongoing maintenance costs are lower because it has a much longer lifespan and you only need to clean it with a simple neutral cleaner.
As well as being extremely durable and aesthetically pleasing, our concrete polishing in Brisbane will leave you with flooring that is also one of the easiest to maintain. A regular schedule of simple mechanical and chemical maintenance will help to ensure that your new surface always retains the same condition as when it was first polished.
Regular Maintenance should be performed at least a couple of times a week, depending on the amount of traffic it receives every day. Heavily trafficked areas should be maintained more often.
1. Clean up any spills as quickly as possible to prevent etching or staining.
2. Dry mop or auto scrub each day, and spot treat any areas that receive more traffic.
Always use plain water or a cleaning agent that is non-reactive to clean your polished concrete floors.
Mechanical Maintenance will help your floors retain their polish and shine.
Use diamond impregnated pads attached to buffers, floor burnishers or auto scrubbers. They can be used wet or dry, dependent on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Chemical Maintenance will increase the strength, hardness and durability of your floors.
There is a wide selection of chemical products that you can use, all of which contain minerals like calcium, potassium or silicate that further harden the concrete when they make contact with it.
These products often come in concentrated form, and you simply need to add them to water and apply them to the surface using a floor scrubber or buffer. If you need more information we can advise you about which products will work best with your particular floor.
Our Concrete Polishing, Epoxy Flooring, Floor Preparation, Stone & Terrazzo Polishing, and Concrete Cleaning & Sealing services are available in Brisbane, Gold Coast and on the Sunshine Coast.
For an obligation free quote, please contact us.