My Floor: The Highest Quality Polished Concrete Brisbane Has Available
Polished concrete is an eye-grabbing flooring solution for any business in Brisbane. At My Floor, we provide the highest quality polished concrete flooring in Queensland.
Our experts can provide you with stunning polished concrete floors for your:
- Commercial business
- Factory or warehouse
- Residential home
- Industrial facility
- Restaurant or bar
Polished concrete flooring not only looks nice, but it has a lot of other benefits as well.
For example, did you know that polished concrete can save you money on your energy bills? Or that we can add non-slip sealings and bacteria resistance to your floors?
The fact is that a polished concrete flooring solution will do a lot for you. If you aren’t familiar with what polished concrete is and why it’s so unique, this article is for you.
Read on to learn more about what polished concrete is and what it can do for you. Along the way, we’ll see how it stacks up to other popular flooring solutions out there. Finally, we’ll remind you why we provide the best polished concrete Brisbane has to offer.
What Exactly is Polished Concrete?
If you’re new to the world of flooring solutions, you may not be familiar with polished concrete. If that sounds like you, here’s a simple definition:
- Polished concrete is a surface that’s mechanically ground, polished, and sealed. It may or may not include aggregate exposure, which are tiny pieces of stone embedded in the concrete. The polishing and sealing process provides a glossy finish. The floor becomes hardened and resistant to stains and cracks.
It’s the process of fortifying standard concrete while simultaneously adding visual appeal.
Even if you don’t know what polished concrete is, you’ve seen it in action before. Ever wonder how retail stores get their floors so shiny and smooth? That’s right; they used polished concrete.
You can see it everywhere, from retail stores to restaurants and factories. It’s also seen a massive boom in popularity for residential homes in recent years. It’s a popular flooring solution that provides a lot of benefits for building owners.
There are a few types of polished concrete floor finishes that we offer at My Floor. They are:
- Mechanically polished concrete (MPC)
- Grind and seal polished concrete
- Epoxy floors
- Honed and sealed polished concrete
- Husqvarna Hiperfloor
- Concrete resurfacing
Each of these finishes has a purpose and function. Epoxy floors are great for garages, grind and seal polished concrete works outdoors, and so on. Our team at My Floor has unprecedented levels of expertise in each of these finishes.
Why Polish Your Concrete?
Now that you know more about the definition of polished concrete, why should you bother? Is it worth the expense of getting your concrete polished and sealed?
The short answer is yes, and the long answer is definitely.
There are countless benefits that building owners enjoy from installing polished concrete. Let’s take a look at the most common ones so you can appreciate why the flooring solution is so prevalent.
Polished Concrete Benefits for Homeowners
Let’s take a look at the perks of installing polished concrete in your home in Sunshine Coast or Brisbane:
- Polished concrete looks gorgeous. Our polished concrete solutions are ideal if you’re remodeling and want to add some serious visual appeal to your home. With a high-gloss finish, your floors will shine and reflect ambient light. Aggregate exposure is also a classy look that you can use with polished concrete. At My Floor, we can provide you with multiple colors, finishes, exposures, and more. You’ll have complete control over the look and feel of your floors.
- The reflectiveness saves you money. Fun fact; polished concrete will absorb heat during the day and then release it at night. As a result, you’ll spend less heating your home during the nighttime. Another energy saver is that the reflectiveness will bounce ambient light around the room. That means you won’t have to use electricity to provide light.
Polished Concrete Benefits for Factories/Industrial Settings
If you run a warehouse in Brisbane, polished concrete is a perfect flooring solution. Here’s why:
- Rock-solid durability. You’ll never have to worry about cracking or staining your floors with polished concrete. That’s because the sealant makes it highly durable. It will resist heavy and hard impacts from the equipment as well.
- Stain-resistant and bacteria-resistant. If your warehouse or factory uses many chemicals, you don’t want them to stain your floor. Luckily, polished concrete is stain and bacteria-resistant. You won’t have to worry about bacteria or mold forming inside of the concrete. Since polished concrete is non-porous, nothing has a chance to penetrate the surface.
- No-slip additives. Factories and warehouses are rather dangerous places to work. That’s why safety measures are so necessary. Our grind and seal polished concrete have the option of adding a non-slip additive. That will ensure that none of your workers suffer trips and falls from wet floors.
Polished Concrete Benefits for Commercial Businesses and Restaurants
Polished concrete is also the perfect solution for your retail business or restaurant. Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Effortless to clean. There’s nothing worse than having to clean up a giant mess before you can close your restaurant. That’s why polished concrete is so excellent for food and beverage establishments. Since it’s non-porous, nothing will have a chance to embed itself within it. As a result, everything will roll off the top, making it very easy to clean.
- Glossy floors attract customers. You want your restaurant or retail business to look as attractive as possible. Not only that, but shiny things are perfect for drawing the wandering eyes of customers. Sometimes a polished floor is all you need to attract curious customers to venture into your store finally.
As you can see, there are many benefits of polished concrete solutions. They will make your floors safer, more attractive, and cleaner. You can stop bacteria and mold in their tracks, as well as stains, spills, and debris. When you combine all these benefits, you can start to see why polished concrete is taking the world by storm.
So by now, you should have a grasp of what polished concrete is and why you should install it. Now, let’s take a detailed look at how polished concrete stands up to the other most popular flooring solutions out there today.
Polished Concrete Vs. Tiles
Tiling is one of the most prevalent flooring solutions today. There are many different types of tile, and it’s common in kitchens and bathrooms. The tile has one noticeable and significant downside, the grout. Tile grout is a haven for bacteria, mold, and other undesirables.
Not only that, but tile grout is difficult to clean. You can’t simply run a mop or broom over it. Instead, you have to get on your hands and knees to clean the grout.
Another drawback is that tiling will get cold. You know this if you’ve ever walked barefoot on tiling during the nighttime. Cold tile means that it will lower the temperature of the air around it. Tile can also be quite hard, leading to injuries if you fall on it.
Tiling is also pretty expensive, especially if you choose a higher-end type of tile. It may surprise you that there isn’t much of a price difference between tile and polished concrete.
Here’s a breakdown of the matchup between polished concrete and tiling:
- Tiling is interrupted by grout lines. Polished concrete provides a smooth, seamless surface.
- The grout in the tile accumulates dust, dirt, and bacteria. Polished concrete is non-porous and is resistant to stains, bacteria, and dirt.
- The tile is considerably durable, but it will chip and crack with enough pressure. Polished concrete is virtually indestructible and will resist even the heaviest of impacts.
- Tiling will get very cold at night, lowering the temperature in your rooms. Conversely, polished concrete will absorb heat and release it at night. You’ll enjoy lower energy bills as a result.
- Tiling and polished concrete are very close in price.
As you can see, polished concrete has many advantages over tile in nearly every category. If you’ve been thinking about adding tile to your home in Brisbane, maybe now you will reconsider. For around the same price, you can get a flawless, seamless polished concrete floor.
Polished Concrete Vs. Hardwood Floors
Next, let’s compare how polished concrete stands up to hardwood floors. You find hardwood floors in living rooms, hallways, kitchens, and more. Hardwood floors can look very high-end, but they have some drawbacks. For one, they can have a short lifespan. Even the best hardwood floors have a hard time looking great after ten years or so.
They also scratch very easily. Nothing looks worse than a hardwood floor covered in scratches. If you have pets with nails or claws, watch out if you go for hardwood floors.
Hardwood floors can be a pain to clean as well. After a while, you’ll need to stain your floors to keep them looking pristine. That’s a lot of maintenance to have to endure for your floors.
Also, hardwood floors can look high-end, but they’re somewhat limited. There’s only one type of look that they can achieve. On the other hand, Polished concrete has a wide variety of looks, colors, and finishes.
Here’s the rundown for the matchup:
- Hardwood floors don’t have a very long lifespan. Polished concrete is suitable for 20 years plus once we install it for you.
- Hardwood floors scratch very quickly and are hard to clean. Polished concrete is rock-solid and resistant to cracks, stains, and scratches. A polished concrete floor is also effortless to clean.
- Polished concrete has a lot more versatility than hardwood floors. You can achieve different looks, shades of color, aggregate exposures, and more.
Polished concrete is the clear winner again. While the installation may cost a bit more than hardwood floors, your floors will last longer and be easier to maintain.
If you’re looking for a flooring solution for your home on Sunshine Coast, there’s no better choice than polished concrete. Its affordability, combined with its visual appeal and benefits, makes it the best flooring solution around today.
Why Choose My Floor for Polished Concrete in Brisbane?
Since you know all about why polished concrete is fantastic now, why should you choose us? Well, there are many reasons why we do polished concrete in Brisbane better than anyone else. Here’s why:
- A team of dedicated experts. We’ve spent years honing and perfecting our skills. We can now say that we have the most experienced team of concrete experts in Brisbane and beyond. We’ve mastered installing all of the flooring solutions that we offer. Please take a look at our stunning gallery as evidence of our expertise.
- Free quotes for every new project. Don’t settle for companies unwilling to give you an estimate. Our team will provide you with a very accurate quote for your project free of charge. We’ll also consult with you to ensure that we can deliver all your wants and desires for your project.
- State-of-the-art equipment. We make use of cutting-edge concrete grinders with diamond pads. We’ve also got polishers, dyes, sealants, and other equipment. We go out of our way to carry the top-rated brands to ensure our success.
- Remarkable craftsmanship. Not all concrete companies are created equally. To install polished concrete correctly takes a very delicate touch. Thanks to our years of experience, we’ve perfected the installation process so that we deliver flawless results every time.
- We provide clear communication and quality control. We always keep our clients in the loop during the entire process. Our team also excels at working during downtimes or when you’re closed. We’ll work around your busy schedule to get the job done. We also keep project managers on every job site keeping a close eye on everything for quality control.
There you have why you should go with us to My Floor. We provide the absolute best polished concrete Brisbane has around today. If you live in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast, you need to rely on us for your polished concrete. To get in touch with us for a free quote, you can give us a call at 1300 693 566.