Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
Floor Stripping Services – Brisbane and Gold Coast
Sometimes our clients want to install polished concrete or epoxy over existing floors. To do so, we have to ‘strip’ (remove) the floor of all coverings and coatings. It’s called floor stripping, and it is an essential part of what we do at My Floor. We can remove ceramic tiles, timber flooring, vinyl flooring, cork flooring, carpet, epoxy coatings, and more. Reach out to us if you need floor stripping services in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast! My Floor has the state-of-the-art equipment necessary to remove your floor covering while minimizing damage to the concrete substrate. Here’s a look at our floor stripping process in greater detail.
Understanding the Two Definitions of Floor Stripping
It’s important to know that the term floor stripping has two different meanings. The difference lies in both the equipment used and the flooring types that we remove.
Meaning #1: Removing floor coverings with floor strippers and concrete grinders
The first meaning for floor stripping is for floor coverings only. These are coverings such as ceramic tiles, timber, vinyl flooring, cork tiles, and more. For these coverings, we use our premium-grade stripping machines. At My Floor, we have both walk-behind and ride-on floor stripping models to ensure we can reach all areas.
Once the floor covering is no more, we need to get rid of the glue and carpet adhesive. To do so, we use our concrete grinding equipment to get rid of all the residue. Then we can prepare the surface for another floor covering such as polished concrete!
Meaning #2: Removing floor coatings with concrete grinders, sandblasting/shot blasting, or chemical strippers
The second meaning is for removing floor coatings or concrete sealers. These include epoxy coatings and existing protective coatings. To remove these coatings, we use our concrete grinders for flooring or sandblasting equipment on walls. Depending on the situation, we can use chemical strippers or sandblasting/shot blasting machines if necessary.
Regardless of the type of floor stripping you need, it’s crucial to use experts like us. That’s because to do it right; you need state-of-the-art equipment and a ton of knowledge. We’ve got all the above and more at My Floor! Be sure to get in touch if you need floor stripping in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast!
Flooring Coverings and Coatings That We Remove at My Floor
Our incredible team at My Floor can strip out floor coverings in kitchens, bathrooms, and any other room in your home! Not only that, but we can strip spaces in your commercial and industrial properties as well. Here’s a look at the types of coverings and coatings that we’re experts at removing:
- Ceramic tile removal. We excel in removing all types of tile. If you’ve got ceramic tile floors that you want to get rid of in Brisbane, reach out to us! We’ll use our state-of-the-art floor removal tools and concrete grinders to remove all tiles, glue and tile bedding. We’ll also extract all the dust, so your space is nice and tidy when the stripping gets done!
- Timber floor removal. Are your timber floors looking old and cracked? Would you love to rejuvenate them with a brand-new look? Then you’ll be happy to know that we can remove all types of timber flooring at My Floor! Whether you’ve got floating timber floors or plank-on-ply, we can remove it all!
- Vinyl floor removal. It’s time to get rid of those throwback vinyl floors in your Gold Coast business! At My Floor, we’ll use our ride-on vinyl stripper machines to say goodbye to them forever! Then we’ll use our concrete grinders to get rid of all the glue residue.
- Glue removal. Removing glue can be a real chore if you don’t know what you’re doing. Luckily, we can easily remove all types of adhesives with our equipment. That way, your surfaces will be smooth and ready for a new floor covering!
- Slate tile removal. Were you thinking about revamping your driveway? Then you’ll need us to remove your slate for you. It requires specialized equipment to separate the slate from the surface. Otherwise, you could risk damaging the floor underneath.
- Cork floor removal. Cork floors are notoriously drab and dull. Give your floor a facelift by installing a new covering or coating! We’ll strip away the cork entirely to make way for something new and exciting!
- AstroTurf removal. Nobody likes looking at old, worn-out astroturf! Our team at My Floor will altogether remove your astroturf for you. We love taking all the stress and hassle out of astroturf removal for our clients!
- Direct stick carpet removal. If you aren’t a professional, trying to remove direct stick carpet will be a nightmare. The adhesive can secure the carpet to the concrete underneath so it’s almost impossible to remove. You need our team at My Floor to use our specialized machinery to remove it all entirely!
- Tile Bedding removal. Removing bedding is a huge undertaking. If you need to remove bedding in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast, you need us! We’ll bring our knowledgeable team and cutting edge equipment to make quick work of it!
- Epoxy coating removal. Epoxy coatings are incredibly durable and bond very well to the underlying surface. They’re next to impossible to remove without the right equipment! We can remove all types of epoxy coatings, including waterproof epoxy coatings!
- Stencil Crete removal. While stencil crete is beautiful, it can wear down over time. If you’ve got unattractive stencil crete in Brisbane, reach out to us at My Floor! We’ve got the expertise to get the job done in no time.
- Concrete Paint removal. Do you have a terrible flaky floor paint job in your Sunshine Coast cafe? Then you need to contact us to get rid of it for you! That way, you can use one of our attractive concrete coatings that will never flake or peel!
- Wall tile removal. If your wall tiles are dirty, cracked, or faded, it’s time to let them go! We’ll use our specialized machinery to get rid of all the tile and adhesives!
- Terracotta tile removal. Removing decaying terracotta tiles is labor-intensive. Trust us; it’s not something you want to try on your own. Please leave it to our experts at My Floor to entirely remove your terracotta tiles to make way for something new!
Why You Should Use My Floor for Floor Stripping
If you need floor stripping in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast, using My Floor is a must! We’re industry leaders in floor stripping for residential, commercial, and industrial properties. Here are the main benefits you’ll receive by letting us strip your floors!
- An expert team with dozens of years of experience and know-how
- State-of-the-art equipment to remove any floor coating or coverings
- Affordable rates and outstanding customer service
- Extended warranties
- Free estimates for every new project
- Efficient Floor strippers with little to no down-time for your business
- Service for Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast
- The ability to both strip your floor and install new coatings and coverings on top!
Our Expert Polished Concrete Flooring and Epoxy Coating Consultants are ready to answer your questions
Our Service Areas
South East Queensland
Northern New South Wales
why choose my floor
My Floor believes in making the most of your time. We understand the need for low maintenance and convenient floors. We offer advice on what would be the best flooring solution for you, your lifestyle and to suit the aesthetics of the area. After services have been completed, My Floor provide ongoing support through follow ups and aftercare advice so that you get the most out of your new or resurfaced floors.
My Floor have everything you need to upkeep your new or resurfaced floors, from cleaning and polishing products to grinding, resealing or buffing. Our friendly team at My Floor are always available to take your call with any questions you may have, big or small.
My Floor understands the need for cost efficiency in flooring, therefore ensuring the best products and machinery are utilised to create the most durable floors possible within your budget. With proper maintenance, your new floors can last you many years without the need for any professional cleaning or restoration. My Floor offer a range of warranties on different services and these warranties will be offered and explained in the quoting stage.
My Floor can provide you with your total flooring solution without the hassle of sub-contractors. Our employees are all trained in specific fields and across the board in order to produce the highest quality of work, whether you need brand new designer floors or a simple repair job. Because of our experienced team, no sub-contractors are necessary to achieve your flooring solution. This ensures the strictest of quality control on all projects.
Prior to commencing work on your project, My Floor conducts a meeting at your job site. We will be able to personally confirm your job specifications and discuss the implementation of your chosen flooring solution or resurfacing service. My Floor believes that individual relationships with clients are very important and that this meeting ensures that we create your vision.
A project manager is appointed to all individual jobs being completed by My Floor to ensure successful execution. The management style at My Floor guarantees that the job is being performed as was discussed in prior meetings and that each step to completion is conducted to the finest quality. The Site Supervisor checks every process completed at each stage, ensuring the final product is of the highest calibre.
trusted past clients
what our clients say
We had My Floor in about 6 odd years ago to do a grind & seal. The floor has maintained it’s colouring, it’s durable, aesthetically pleasing, easy to clean and has shown no signs of wearing. I remember the first point of contact I had with My Floor, we were contacted back straight away, the process was easy and smooth , staff were friendly, and I believe it was reasonably priced. We’ve since been contacted with promotional deals for cleaning services and like before the customer service has been next to none. Will definitely be getting them back in future. Great job My Floor ???? The MY Floors lads recently completed about 50 square metres of concrete mechanical floor polishing at my home in Newmarket. It was a very challenging job as it had to marry up with a floor they had done 6 years previously. It took about a week but the result is first class and durable forever. They kept going until my wife and I were totally satisfied with the finish. I would recommend My Floor to anyone who wants the real deal floor finish. We are currently building a new home, My floor carried out beautiful polished concrete finish to the internal areas of our house, couldnt be more happier with the service provided and cannot wait to move in! Thank you again My Floor! We will definitely recommend My Floor to our friends.
We had My Floor in about 6 odd years ago to do a grind & seal. The floor has maintained it’s colouring, it’s durable, aesthetically pleasing, easy to clean and has shown no signs of wearing. I remember the first point of contact I had with My Floor, we were contacted back straight away, the process was easy and smooth , staff were friendly, and I believe it was reasonably priced. We’ve since been contacted with promotional deals for cleaning services and like before the customer service has been next to none. Will definitely be getting them back in future. Great job My Floor ????
The MY Floors lads recently completed about 50 square metres of concrete mechanical floor polishing at my home in Newmarket. It was a very challenging job as it had to marry up with a floor they had done 6 years previously. It took about a week but the result is first class and durable forever. They kept going until my wife and I were totally satisfied with the finish. I would recommend My Floor to anyone who wants the real deal floor finish.
We are currently building a new home, My floor carried out beautiful polished concrete finish to the internal areas of our house, couldnt be more happier with the service provided and cannot wait to move in! Thank you again My Floor! We will definitely recommend My Floor to our friends.
we would love to hear from you