Epoxy Flake Flooring in Brisbane and Gold Coast
Would you love a way to breathe new life into your alfresco or garage area in your Gold Coast or Brisbane home? Then you need to hire My Floor to install an epoxy flake floor for you! They look fantastic, come in a wide variety of colours, and can hide imperfections. Not only that, but they come with the same advantages as other epoxy coatings. Flake floors are durable, slip-resistant, and super easy to keep clean. They also have a ton of applications in both indoor and outdoor environments. If you run a business in Brisbane or Gold Coast, epoxy flake floors can do wonders for your space. To learn more, let’s take a look at what the epoxy flake flooring process entails.
What is an Epoxy Flake Floor?
Like other epoxy coatings, an epoxy flake floor is a mixture of resins and hardening agents. These resins adhere to and protect tiny polymer chips which are broadcasted into the epoxy. These chips, or flakes, come in a wide variety of colours, sizes, and shapes. The fragments are highly decorative and lend a ton of customizable options to your floor.
Epoxy flake floors are very versatile in their applications. You can even install them over an existing floor finish. Let’s say your Gold Coast home has ceramic tile that you no longer enjoy. With an epoxy flake coating, you won’t have to remove the tile. Our experienced installers can prepare epoxy coatings on top of your ceramic tiles! Of course, we would adequately prepare the tile before doing so.
Any type of epoxy flooring is durable, chemical-resistant, and easy to maintain. Epoxy flake flooring also lasts for decades, with little to no preventative maintenance required. Epoxy flake floors are desirable because of their beautiful colours and customizable options. Furthermore, they can do a lot to hide imperfections in a surface. Even the best concrete surface will have tiny flaws and blemishes. Epoxy flake floors will cover them up entirely!
For years, epoxy flake finishes were all the rage in garages, pathways, and patio areas. More recently, flake floors have seen a rise in businesses and public spaces. Here are some of the most trendy areas you’ll find an epoxy flake floor:
- Schools. Epoxy flake floors are a great idea for schools! The main reason being that they’re cost-effective, easy to maintain, and are tough as nails. They can easily withstand all the heavy foot traffic from students and faculty. The colour options can also add visual interest to the schools’ interiors.
- Home interiors. If you want to get creative, you can even match the colour of your flake floors with your walls! It’s a great way to add pizzazz to your entertainment area or home office.
- Garages. Flake flooring has long been a staple of garage flooring options. That’s because they’re easy to install and maintain, and you won’t have trouble keeping it clean. Traditional concrete is easy to crack, and it will wear down over time from repeated use. Epoxy flake floors will also prevent concrete dust travelling through your house from your plain garage floor.
- Retail stores and businesses. Epoxy flake floors are a great way to attract customers. It’s especially true if you match your bases with your walls and furniture. Flake floors are easy to keep clean and can withstand a ton of foot traffic!
There are many other areas that you can apply epoxy coatings. Your imagination is the only limit when it comes to the possibilities for flake floors!
When you install flake flooring into your Brisbane or Gold Coast project, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- High aesthetic appeal. Compared to other epoxy and concrete coatings, flake floors are the most visually appealing. Thanks to the ability to control which colour and size of flakes you use, the options are endless. Do you want bold blue chips like the ocean or brown to resemble coffee? These are the type of creative decisions you get to make with epoxy flake floors!
- Colour matching. Being able to customize colour is a big appeal for interior designers. Since you have full control over the colour of your flakes and the epoxy, you can coordinate it to match your interiors. Or you can mix it up with an appealing colour combo like blue flakes and green walls! The customizability is a big draw for epoxy flake flooring.
- Hiding imperfections. All existing surfaces are bound to have some blemishes here and there. For concrete, there are cracks, stains, and other marks. One of the best things about epoxy flake flooring is its ability to hide these flaws! When you choose an epoxy flake floor, you won’t be able to see the original surface underneath. Epoxy flaking is a must if you want flawless floors!
At My Floor, we go to rigorous efforts to ensure the quality of our flake floors. Our preparation and installation process goes as follows:
- Step #1: Use our diamond concrete grinding machines to grind the concrete to open the pores.
- Step #2: Repair any cracks or divots in the surface
- Step #3: Clean and prepare the floor with a PH neutral cleaning agent
- Step #4: Apply the clear or coloured epoxy primer coating
- Step #5: Apply the high solid epoxy coating colour, broadcasting the polymer flakes on top
- Step #6: Clear away the excess flakes and vacuum the floor once dry
- Step #7: Add either 1 to 2 coats of a clear polyurethane top coating for added durability and resistance
As you can see, we go above and beyond in our efforts to ensure a perfect installation. If you live in Brisbane or Gold Coast, you should never attempt the installation yourself. Instead, choose our expert team at My Floor!
The Main Benefits of an Epoxy Flake Floor
When you install flake flooring into your Brisbane or Gold Coast project, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
Compared to other epoxy and concrete coatings, flake floors are the most visually appealing. Thanks to the ability to control which colour and size of flakes you use, the options are endless. Do you want bold blue chips like the ocean or brown to resemble coffee? These are the type of creative decisions you get to make with epoxy flake floors!
Being able to customize colour is a big appeal for interior designers. Since you have full control over the colour of your flakes and the epoxy, you can coordinate it to match your interiors. Or you can mix it up with an appealing colour combo like blue flakes and green walls! The customizability is a big draw for epoxy flake flooring.
All existing surfaces are bound to have some blemishes here and there. For concrete, there are cracks, stains, and other marks. One of the best things about epoxy flake flooring is its ability to hide these flaws! When you choose an epoxy flake floor, you won’t be able to see the original surface underneath. Epoxy flaking is a must if you want flawless floors!
No! The chips will generally outlast the coating. As long as you properly maintain your floors, the coating and flakes should last 7 to 15 years.
They provide slip-resistance and add a decorative look to the floor. The chips also hide imperfections and offer a ton of customizable options. You can choose the colour, shape, size, and level of exposure over the surface.
Yes, so long as the surface is clean, prepared and bonded. The surface also has to contain no moisture whatsoever and must have a neutral PH level.
You never want to use an acidic or alkaline cleaning agent. Your best option is to mop with warm water. If you do use a cleaning solution, make sure that it is PH neutral. Also, dry mopping and sweeping daily is an excellent idea to keep dirt from accumulating.
Our exceptional team at My Floor would be more than happy to handle it! Here are the main reasons why you should go with us:
-We feature an expert team of installers that NEVER cut corners on installations
-We’ve got a flawless track record when it comes to exceeding our customers’ hopes
-Affordable prices and excellent customer service
-Free estimates for every new project
-Service for Brisbane, Gold Coast, and beyond
-Our team stays on the cutting edge of the flooring industry with all the new equipment and methods
My Floor is here to handle all your flooring needs in Brisbane and Gold Coast. Please don’t wait to reach out to us today for a free estimate by calling us at 1300 693 566.
Top 10 reasons to choose My Floor
Floor solutions are delicate processes that take professionals to do correctly. That’s why you need to hire our team at My Floor. We’re by far the most experienced and reputable floor solution company in Queensland. You’ll be in great hands when you choose us, and there are many reasons why. Here are the top factors why we’re the best concrete polishing company out there today:
14 years in the business
My Floor is here for the long-term. We got started in 2009, and we’re not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, we continue to grow and expand each year that we’ve been in business. Our longevity is due to our expertise and excellent service. We have superior product knowledge, and we’ve even crafted our own signature flooring solutions. Our team members have also mastered the art of problem-solving on the fly. As a result, we’re able to handle any issue that we encounter with total ease.
Small enough to care, large enough to deliver
We have a total of 8 team members at our company. To us, it’s the perfect sweet spot for us and our customers. We’re small enough to give a very personal touch while large enough to tackle giant projects. Our team can handle tasks that range in size from 20m2 to 20000m2. We provide commercial, residential, and industrial services, all with equal quality and dedication.
Stellar Google reviews
All it takes is one quick internet search to realize how great of a reputation we have. Currently, My Floor boasts almost 100 reviews with a 4.8 average score. All our reviews are candid and totally authentic. We believe our reviews speak for themselves, so don’t be shy about checking them out!
We add value with no complications
Whether our flooring solutions are for your business or home, we add serious value to our clients. Our polished concrete will save you money on electricity and energy, as well as add value to your home. For industrial environments, our no-slip coatings will keep your employees safe and protected. We’re in the business of adding value without complicating matters. The same can’t be said for our competitors!
Most of the companies that you’ll find in Queensland are not certified. At My Floor, we boast our QBCC license, which allows us to carry out concrete coatings and polishing. It’s another mark of our professionalism and expertise.
Ongoing support for our clients
Our services don’t end when we finish with your flooring solution. We’ll educate you on adequately maintaining your floor, and we can perform minor repairs and fixes for you. We value you as our client, and it’s our goal to secure your long-term business. That’s why we won’t hesitate to go above and beyond for you.
Professional team support
We boast incredible attention to detail in our services. We also keep an open line of communication with our team and clients. You’ll always be able to get a hold of us if you have any questions or concerns.
We have rigorous measures in place to ensure our quality stays the same every time. Our project managers mean business, and they check up on all our job sites. They’ll also keep in touch with you to ensure your satisfaction during the entire process.
We’ll consult with you in great detail on what you want out of your flooring solutions. That way, you’ll have complete control over how your flooring installation goes.
Specialists will provide you with extra knowledge
We’ve been in business for 14 years, and we’ve accrued tons of knowledge during that time. Educating our clients is also a big part of what we do, so don’t be shy about asking questions!