Polished Concrete Veneer
In Brisbane and Gold Coast
Nothing looks worse than a worn out carpet or timber, especially if you’re renovating. Let’s say you would like to replace your dirty carpet with gorgeous white or coloured polished concrete. Fantastic choice! The only problem is the installation process as you were limited to only polishing the existing concrete. Until now, we are able to install a custom coloured polished concrete veneer at a thickness of 15mm over your existing concrete.
Install Polished Concrete Veneer
Or let’s say if you were building a new project and wanted a coloured polished concrete in certain rooms or areas and not throughout the whole floor space. Why pay your concreter to supply and install a specialist polished concrete mix throughout your whole project when you will only see parts of it once your projects complete? It seems a waste of money. Until now, we can install a polished concrete veneer in localized rooms or areas of your project over a standard concrete floor, minimising your overall flooring costs on your project.
You deserve complete perfection when it comes to choosing your polished concrete floor. Typically to achieve a polished concrete floor on a new project, you would need to engage a concrete supplier to supply the specialist concrete, that concrete would then be transported to your project and installed by a concreter of your choice, then a local polished concrete company would grind and polish the freshly installed concrete. The installation process of the concrete can be altered by the concrete plant (getting the mix design 100% correct for every batch), the concrete truck delivery times (traffic can change the arrival time and flow of delivery, which can alter the flow of concrete, resulting in a difficult to install surface), Hot or cold days can affect the installation process of concrete. Finally, we have Human error, not all concrete installation companies have a perfect day every day. If this process does not go 100% perfect, then this will alter how your end result will turn out once the grinding and polishing has been carried out. Well this is where Polished Concrete Veneer (PCV) by My Floor will eliminate 99% of the risk we have mentioned above when installing a polished concrete floor. If you install a standard concrete floor, My Floor supply, mix, install and polish the concrete veneer all onsite, using our very own employed staff. We guarantee consistency with aggregate exposure, colour and the durability of the surface, as we have complete control of the entire process. Resulting in complete perfection!
If you want polished concrete, then these were your options;
Until now, you only had three options available. You could:
- Remove your current flooring and grind your existing concrete
- Install a 50 mm to 80 mm concrete screed over your existing surface
- Pour an engineered slab that has a controlled colour and aggregate mix
Each one of these options has its limitations. For one, they’re all very costly and time-consuming options. All you’re trying to do is renovate your Brisbane residence, not rebuild your entire house! Here are the main drawbacks of each option:
Limitations of polishing the existing concrete
- If the concrete slab didn’t get poured with the intention of aggregate exposure, it may not turn our how you intend
- There’s no guarantee of what the concrete will look like until the grinding has been carried out
- You may see boot prints, water damage, screed marks and stains in existing concrete
- The aggregate exposure may be inconsistent
- Significant and irreparable cracking can occur
- Colour uncertainty
The limitations of concrete toppings or screeds
- The screed will add additional weight that may cause engineering issues
- Existing door and window heights can cause problems
- 90% of the time, the process requires wheelbarrows, concrete trucks, and a lot of traffic
- Screeds can result in substandard finishes with inconsistent aggregate exposure
- They’re also very thick and difficult to install to existing properties
Limitations with newly engineered concrete slabs
- They’re far more costly than a standard slab
- You’re limited to the colour and aggregate choices held by the concrete supplier
- The entire concrete slab has to adhere to engineered standards no matter how much is getting exposed
- You risk getting the wrong blend, and there’s no recourse for error
- If not placed correctly, you could see patchiness or screed marks
As you can see, there are limitations for choosing your polished concrete floor. If only there were a way that you could achieve polished concrete floors without all the hassle! Well, now there is with our excellent polished concrete veneers!
A polished concrete veneer is a thin concrete overlay that’s only 10 mm to 15 mm thick. Much like how a dental veneer covers up old or missing teeth, a concrete veneer does the same to floors. It’s very similar to a tile in terms of its total thickness. Since it’s thin and easy to install, you can use it to adjoin other floor coverings with no difference in height! You can quickly join your tiles, timber, and carpet with beautiful polished concrete!
There are a ton of unique benefits to installing polished concrete veneers! You can install them straight on top of any structural timber, concrete, and other sound substrates. The concrete is also specially designed to stay consistent in colour and aggregate. That way, you’re guaranteed a smooth, colourful surface with even exposure. At My Floor, we’ve got the process down to an exact science. We’re able to provide you with a flawless finish every single time. If you’re renovating your home in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast, you need to get in touch with us! Polished concrete veneers also work amazingly well in commercial and industrial settings.
To sell you even further on how incredible our veneers are, let’s take a look at all the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Has a total overall thickness of no greater than 10 mm to 15 mm
- Can join other floor coverings such as tile, timber, and carpet with no difference in height
- We can install it on top of existing concrete, tile, timber, and other sound substrates
- Is totally seamless and dimensionally stable
- Minimal expansion joints or saw cuts
- Is consistent in colour and aggregate exposure
- You have full control over the gloss levels
- Available in 30 different base color and aggregate combinations
- Hundreds of colour and aggregate combinations for commercial applications
- Cheaper than installing Terrazzo floors
- Will save money on heating and cooling due to its thermal properties
- Is highly reflective and decorative
- Provides a low maintenance floor that’s very easy to clean
- Stain, dirt, chemical, and allergen resistant
- Much more!
Now that you know all the excellent benefits, here’s a look at our quick and easy installation process.
Consulting with us first at My Floor is a must for the first step. That way, we can perform the necessary checks to determine your best options. Here’s a typical breakdown of how the process goes:
- First, we prepare the original surface, screed, or any subfloor. We’ll make sure that it’s seamless and ready for the installation of the polished concrete veneer.
- Next, we prime the surface. Depending on the condition of your floor, it may take more preparation. This process includes applying bonding agents.
- If all goes well, we will install the polished concrete veneer the very next day after priming. From there, the curing process takes roughly 48 to 72 hours before its ready to grind.
- After curing, we will diamond grind the entire surface to expose the aggregate and polish the PCV. The amount of time this takes depends on the total size of the area. These abrasives will achieve the desired level of gloss and shine!
It’s as easy as that! Before you know it, you’ll have gorgeous polished concrete in your home or business. You’ll have full control over its colour and aggregate exposure as well. If you’re after a shiny concrete veneer in Brisbane or Gold Coast, you need to call us at My Floor!
So by now, you know all about the benefits and installation process. All that’s left is to enquire with our team at My Floor to get started on your project! We service all of Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast. Here’s a breakdown of why we’re the absolute best in the business today:
- Our team is highly trained and experienced in installing polished concrete veneer flooring
- We have an eye for detail, and we settle for nothing less than perfection
- You’re able to fully customize the colour, exposure, and feel of your floor with our team
- Every new project gets a free consultation
- Extended warranties that you won’t find anywhere else
- A fantastic customer support staff
- The most affordable and competitive rates
- Much more!
Contact My Floor on 1300 693 566 or send us a message on the contact form to discuss your next project.
Don’t wait to get in touch now if you’re ready to enjoy polished concrete in your Brisbane home! To get in touch, you can give us a call at 1300 693 566 to speak with one of our professionals now for a free estimate!
Top 10 reasons to choose My Floor
Floor solutions are delicate processes that take professionals to do correctly. That’s why you need to hire our team at My Floor. We’re by far the most experienced and reputable floor solution company in Queensland. You’ll be in great hands when you choose us, and there are many reasons why. Here are the top factors why we’re the best concrete polishing company out there today:
14 years in the business
My Floor is here for the long-term. We got started in 2009, and we’re not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, we continue to grow and expand each year that we’ve been in business. Our longevity is due to our expertise and excellent service. We have superior product knowledge, and we’ve even crafted our own signature flooring solutions. Our team members have also mastered the art of problem-solving on the fly. As a result, we’re able to handle any issue that we encounter with total ease.
Small enough to care, large enough to deliver
We have a total of 8 team members at our company. To us, it’s the perfect sweet spot for us and our customers. We’re small enough to give a very personal touch while large enough to tackle giant projects. Our team can handle tasks that range in size from 20m2 to 20000m2. We provide commercial, residential, and industrial services, all with equal quality and dedication.
Stellar Google reviews
All it takes is one quick internet search to realize how great of a reputation we have. Currently, My Floor boasts almost 100 reviews with a 4.8 average score. All our reviews are candid and totally authentic. We believe our reviews speak for themselves, so don’t be shy about checking them out!
We add value with no complications
Whether our flooring solutions are for your business or home, we add serious value to our clients. Our polished concrete will save you money on electricity and energy, as well as add value to your home. For industrial environments, our no-slip coatings will keep your employees safe and protected. We’re in the business of adding value without complicating matters. The same can’t be said for our competitors!
Most of the companies that you’ll find in Queensland are not certified. At My Floor, we boast our QBCC license, which allows us to carry out concrete coatings and polishing. It’s another mark of our professionalism and expertise.
Ongoing support for our clients
Our services don’t end when we finish with your flooring solution. We’ll educate you on adequately maintaining your floor, and we can perform minor repairs and fixes for you. We value you as our client, and it’s our goal to secure your long-term business. That’s why we won’t hesitate to go above and beyond for you.
Professional team support
We boast incredible attention to detail in our services. We also keep an open line of communication with our team and clients. You’ll always be able to get a hold of us if you have any questions or concerns.
We have rigorous measures in place to ensure our quality stays the same every time. Our project managers mean business, and they check up on all our job sites. They’ll also keep in touch with you to ensure your satisfaction during the entire process.
We’ll consult with you in great detail on what you want out of your flooring solutions. That way, you’ll have complete control over how your flooring installation goes.
Specialists will provide you with extra knowledge
We’ve been in business for 14 years, and we’ve accrued tons of knowledge during that time. Educating our clients is also a big part of what we do, so don’t be shy about asking questions!
Trusted Past Clients
What our clients say
we would love to hear from you
Call us today so we can design a cost
effective solution for your next project.
Our Services and Locations
Polished Concrete in Brisbane
Polished Concrete in Gold Coast
Epoxy Flooring in Brisbane
Epoxy Flooring in Gold Coast