Food and beverage flooring
Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
Food and Beverage Industry Flooring Ideas
Are you opening a new restaurant in Brisbane or Gold Coast? Is your company about to construct a new food manufacturing and processing plant? Then you should know that it’s critical not to overlook the importance of your flooring. That’s because there are lots of regulations that deal with food and beverage industry. Your floor needs to be compliant in order for your business to operate. If you pick the wrong type of flooring, you could face fines, remediation costs. The worst-case scenario is that your operation can get shut down entirely! To avoid this fate, you must use our team at My Floor. We’ve got flooring solutions that suit the food and beverage industry perfectly. You’ll always stay in compliance when you use us!
So why are the safety regulations for food manufacturing flooring so strict? That’s because working with food can be incredibly dangerous if not handled correctly. Everything needs to stay clean and sterilized. If your floor is porous and remains dirty, you risk cross-contamination. Bacteria can also form inside of your foundation and spread through worker’s shoes. Traditional concrete, for example, is a porous surface and is terrible for bacteria. As a result, standard concrete does not pass the regulations for safe floors.
Requirements for the Food and Beverage Industry Flooring
Let’s take a look at the top requirements that your flooring needs to comply with the most. Food processing plants are busy places, and your floor will have to face many challenges. An ideal floor will contain the following features:
- Microbial resistance. This is the most crucial component of safe food and beverage flooring. When processing food, your floor absolutely cannot be a breeding ground for bacteria. Porous surfaces such as standard concrete can become vectors for contamination. Also, tile and other floor systems that use grout aren’t suitable for your facility. That’s because there’s no way to keep grout completely sterile. You need a surface that’s non-porous, seamless and completely impenetrable. That’s what it takes to bring your floors up to Australian Standards!
- Completely Seamless, unbroken surfaces. A seamless surface is a must for a food manufacturing plant. Any cracks, seams, or grout can become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. These cracks and seams can also accumulate food particles. From there, workers’ boots, carts, and other traffic will spread these particles around. That’s a considerable risk for cross-contamination! The ideal surface should be completely seamless, smooth, and impermeable.
- Slip-resistant flooring. Slip-resistance, as with any facility, is the best way to keep your workers safe. It’s also a great way to increase your productivity. A slip-resistant floor is significant for facilities working with beverages. Any liquid spills should be easy to clean up and resistant to slips, trips, and falls. At My Floor, we’ve got plenty of slip-resistant flooring options perfect for this!
- Chemical resistance. Finally, your floor should have resistance to all forms of chemicals. Food processing plants often deal with acids and other solvents. If any of these spills on your floor, you need them to clean up easily. Not only that, but you don’t want any chemicals seeping into your foundation and contaminating it. Different facilities deal with various chemicals. It’s essential to consult with us at My Floor to make sure that you pick the right flooring solution. We’ll take everything into account when selecting a floor for you!
As you can see, your food manufacturing plant floor has to put up with a lot. There are tons of traffic from workers, carts, and forklifts. Workers use dangerous chemicals to process certain foods. The entire environment has to stay entirely sterile to pass health regulations. It’s a lot to keep up with at times. Now that you know what goes into the ideal food manufacturing floor let’s look at our top solutions!
Epoxy Coatings For The Food and Beverage Industry
Our top recommended flooring solution for your food and beverage facility is epoxy coatings and epoxy flooring. That’s because an epoxy coating or flooring can put up with all the harsh elements from your facility. What is epoxy, you ask? Well, it’s a tough chemical compound formed from resins and hardening agents. It’s exceptionally tough, seamless, resistant, and anti slip. The difference between an epoxy coating and an epoxy floor is the thickness. An epoxy coating generally goes over the top of an existing surface. You can install epoxy over many existing surfaces, such as standard concrete. An epoxy floor is a surface entirely comprised of epoxy.
The main benefits of epoxy coatings and floors include:
- Superior durability. Epoxy is the most rigid flooring that we sell at My Floor. Due to its incredible strength, it can put up with heavy traffic and high-velocity impacts. It also has fantastic longevity.
- Seamless and non-porous. As previously mentioned, porous surfaces are breeding grounds for bacteria. That’s why you need a seamless, non-porous surface like an epoxy finish. It will completely protect your floor from microbial life forming inside. Epoxy coatings (when installed properly) are all approved for food manufacturing flooring!
- Slip-resistant. Of course, an epoxy finish is utterly resistant to slips, trips, and falls. Spills will bead up on the surface, making them effortless to clean. Epoxy coatings and floors will keep your workers safe!
- Chemically resistant. No chemicals stand a chance of penetrating your epoxy coating or floor! No matter what type of chemicals you use at your plant, epoxy is seamless enough to stop them in their tracks. As long as you clean up any spills quickly, you won’t have any problems at all!
- Easy to clean. Liquids and chemicals bead up, and dust and dirt don’t stand a chance at accumulating. Your cleaning staff will thank you for installing epoxy because it will make their jobs a lot easier! A floor that’s easy to clean is also one that’s easy to keep free of contamination.
Grind and Seal Polished Concrete For The Food and Beverage Industry
Polished concrete is another fantastic option for your food and beverage facility. In particular, grind and seal polished concrete systems are ideal. Polished concrete is a lot like epoxy in that it’s seamless, durable, and resistant. It also has some unique benefits that you’ll enjoy too. We achieve the process by grinding back the top layers of the concrete. From there, we apply a topical coating that fortifies the floor. It adds durability, resistance, and shine. When you select a grind and seal system, you get to choose the following:
- Level of shine
- Aggregate exposure
Aggregates are tiny fragments of stone embedded in the concrete mix. If you pour your slab from scratch, you can customize the look of your aggregate. Exposing aggregate adds visual appeal to your floors.
Gloss finish refers to the level of shine achieved from the floor. You can choose from a matte finish, semi-gloss, and high-gloss finishes. The glow looks decorative but also adds some other unique benefits. Here are the top advantages of a grind and seal polished concrete system:
- Great durability. While not quite as hard as epoxy, polished concrete is solid. It can easily withstand all the elements from your food manufacturing plant. Lots of traffic and high-velocity impacts are no big deal.
- Seamless and non-porous. Just like epoxy finishes, grind and seal polished concrete is non-porous. No bacteria or microbial lifeforms can accumulate here. Grind and seal polished concrete is FDA approved and safe for your floors.
- Chemical resistance. No chemicals will be able to penetrate your polished concrete. Any spills will bead up on the surface and be easy to clean up.
- Thermal properties. This is unique to polished concrete. Your floor will absorb heat during the day and release it at night. This will save you a ton of money on your energy bill!
- Reflects ambient light. If you have a high gloss finish, the reflectiveness of the surface will amplify ambient light. This will translate into lower electricity bills!
If you have a project in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast, why not give one of our friendly staff a call on 1300 693 566 to discuss some ideas.
So there you have our top two flooring options for food and beverage facilities! If you’re constructing a new plant in Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast, you need to call us! Our team at MyFloor will do an exceptional job for you. Give us a call at 1300 693 566 for a free estimate on your new project!
Our Expert Polished Concrete Flooring and Epoxy Coating Consultants are ready to answer your questions
Our Service Areas
South East Queensland
Northern New South Wales
The Main Benefits of Epoxy Coatings and Floors Include:
trusted past clients
Top 10 reasons to choose My Floor
Floor solutions are delicate processes that take professionals to do correctly. That’s why you need to hire our team at My Floor. We’re by far the most experienced and reputable floor solution company in Queensland. You’ll be in great hands when you choose us, and there are many reasons why. Here are the top factors why we’re the best concrete polishing company out there today:
14 years in the business
My Floor is here for the long-term. We got started in 2009, and we’re not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, we continue to grow and expand each year that we’ve been in business. Our longevity is due to our expertise and excellent service. We have superior product knowledge, and we’ve even crafted our own signature flooring solutions. Our team members have also mastered the art of problem-solving on the fly. As a result, we’re able to handle any issue that we encounter with total ease.
Small enough to care, large enough to deliver
We have a total of 8 team members at our company. To us, it’s the perfect sweet spot for us and our customers. We’re small enough to give a very personal touch while large enough to tackle giant projects. Our team can handle tasks that range in size from 20m2 to 20000m2. We provide commercial, residential, and industrial services, all with equal quality and dedication.
Stellar Google reviews
All it takes is one quick internet search to realize how great of a reputation we have. Currently, My Floor boasts almost 100 reviews with a 4.8 average score. All our reviews are candid and totally authentic. We believe our reviews speak for themselves, so don’t be shy about checking them out!
We add value with no complications
Whether our flooring solutions are for your business or home, we add serious value to our clients. Our polished concrete will save you money on electricity and energy, as well as add value to your home. For industrial environments, our no-slip coatings will keep your employees safe and protected. We’re in the business of adding value without complicating matters. The same can’t be said for our competitors!
Most of the companies that you’ll find in Queensland are not certified. At My Floor, we boast our QBCC license, which allows us to carry out concrete coatings and polishing. It’s another mark of our professionalism and expertise.
Ongoing support for our clients
Our services don’t end when we finish with your flooring solution. We’ll educate you on adequately maintaining your floor, and we can perform minor repairs and fixes for you. We value you as our client, and it’s our goal to secure your long-term business. That’s why we won’t hesitate to go above and beyond for you.
Professional team support
We boast incredible attention to detail in our services. We also keep an open line of communication with our team and clients. You’ll always be able to get a hold of us if you have any questions or concerns.
We have rigorous measures in place to ensure our quality stays the same every time. Our project managers mean business, and they check up on all our job sites. They’ll also keep in touch with you to ensure your satisfaction during the entire process.
We’ll consult with you in great detail on what you want out of your flooring solutions. That way, you’ll have complete control over how your flooring installation goes.
Specialists will provide you with extra knowledge
We’ve been in business for 14 years, and we’ve accrued tons of knowledge during that time. Educating our clients is also a big part of what we do, so don’t be shy about asking questions!
what our clients say
We had My Floor in about 6 odd years ago to do a grind & seal. The floor has maintained it’s colouring, it’s durable, aesthetically pleasing, easy to clean and has shown no signs of wearing. I remember the first point of contact I had with My Floor, we were contacted back straight away, the process was easy and smooth , staff were friendly, and I believe it was reasonably priced. We’ve since been contacted with promotional deals for cleaning services and like before the customer service has been next to none. Will definitely be getting them back in future. Great job My Floor ???? The MY Floors lads recently completed about 50 square metres of concrete mechanical floor polishing at my home in Newmarket. It was a very challenging job as it had to marry up with a floor they had done 6 years previously. It took about a week but the result is first class and durable forever. They kept going until my wife and I were totally satisfied with the finish. I would recommend My Floor to anyone who wants the real deal floor finish. We are currently building a new home, My floor carried out beautiful polished concrete finish to the internal areas of our house, couldnt be more happier with the service provided and cannot wait to move in! Thank you again My Floor! We will definitely recommend My Floor to our friends.
We had My Floor in about 6 odd years ago to do a grind & seal. The floor has maintained it’s colouring, it’s durable, aesthetically pleasing, easy to clean and has shown no signs of wearing. I remember the first point of contact I had with My Floor, we were contacted back straight away, the process was easy and smooth , staff were friendly, and I believe it was reasonably priced. We’ve since been contacted with promotional deals for cleaning services and like before the customer service has been next to none. Will definitely be getting them back in future. Great job My Floor ????
The MY Floors lads recently completed about 50 square metres of concrete mechanical floor polishing at my home in Newmarket. It was a very challenging job as it had to marry up with a floor they had done 6 years previously. It took about a week but the result is first class and durable forever. They kept going until my wife and I were totally satisfied with the finish. I would recommend My Floor to anyone who wants the real deal floor finish.
We are currently building a new home, My floor carried out beautiful polished concrete finish to the internal areas of our house, couldnt be more happier with the service provided and cannot wait to move in! Thank you again My Floor! We will definitely recommend My Floor to our friends.
we would love to hear from you