Concrete Grinding Services in Brisbane and Gold Coast
In its base form, concrete has a lot of disadvantages. It’s a porous surface, which means it can accumulate bacteria and dirt. It’s also not very durable and is heavily prone to scratches, dings, and cracks. In addition, depending on how you lay the concrete, it may not be level. An uneven surface can pose safety hazards, as well as just not looking right. The good news is that you can mitigate all of these issues by contacting us at My Floor to grind your concrete.
What is Concrete Grinding?
We grind concrete with concrete grinding machines fitted with concrete grinding diamonds to remove back the top layers of the concrete surface. In doing so, we remove all the imperfections. That includes:
- Getting rid of the dirt and bacteria in the top layers
- Leveling out an uneven concrete surface
- Preparing the surface for further maintenance and applications of concrete coatings
- Removing all scratches, stains, and cracks
- Smoothing out a rough surface
If you have concrete in your home, garage, or commercial business, then it’s subject to wear and tear. You may notice uneven areas, cracks, and stains. These blemishes are not only unsightly, but they’re potentially dangerous.
Let’s consider an example. You run a factory in Brisbane with traditional concrete flooring. Over time, the floor accumulates a lot of stains and dirty areas from drops. If you work with dangerous chemicals, your workers could breathe in and absorb them through the concrete.
That’s when you contact us at My Floor to grind down and polish your concrete. The grinding process will totally get rid of the contaminants on your floor. Sealing and polishing your floor will then protect it from further contamination will also keeping your workplace safe from silica dust. That’s why ground and polished concrete is so prevalent in factories and warehouses. Another alternate finish to polished concrete is an epoxy coating to protect the concrete from damage. Contact the Brisbane and Gold Coast team at My Floor on 1300 693 566
To grind concrete properly, you need the right equipment. At My Floor, we make use of state-of-the-art concrete grinders. They all feature premium diamond-tipped concrete grinding segments for the best results. Our diamond grinders will achieve a perfectly smooth finish. They work by rotating at such a fast rate that they’re able to scratch away the top layers of the concrete.
As the concrete grinders work, they scratch away all the contaminants, cracks, and uneven areas. It will vary on how deep we grind your concrete for a few different reasons:
- The number of contaminants and stains embedded in the concrete
- How jagged or uneven the concrete is
- How deep certain cracks and scratches go
We will grind your concrete until we reach a level that’s untouched by any imperfections. The resulting surface will be smooth, even, and very durable.
Ground concrete is also more robust and resilient than standard concrete. That’s because the act of grinding off the top layers makes the bottom layers stronger. Grinding also frees up the surface for seals, polishes, and epoxy resins. These will further fortify and protect your floor.
You also need extensive training to be able to grind concrete without ruining the surface. That’s why it’s imperative to use our experienced team at My Floor. We’ve been polishing and grinding concrete for many years now, and we have rigorous training programs. Our concrete experts consistently produce gorgeous ground concrete. Make sure to check out our gallery to see some of our stunning work in action. We serve Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, and other surrounding areas. No other company has our expertise, stellar equipment, and outstanding customer service.
You may be wondering why you’d want to grind your concrete. Well, there are many reasons why! Let’s take a look at the top advantages you’ll enjoy by grinding your concrete:
- Your concrete is as good as new. If your concrete is worn down and looks terrible, grinding will bring it back to life. The results will look just as good as replacing the entire surface. Instead of going to the cost of installing brand-new concrete, grinding your existing surface achieves the same result.
- Reduced noise. Standard concrete is pretty noisy to walk and drive on with vehicles. If you work in a facility, the noise of footsteps and tires can start to drive you crazy. Luckily, ground concrete is very quiet. You won’t hear any unwanted noise from walking or driving. The reduced noise can also lead to enhanced safety since your employees can listen to each other better.
- Enhanced durability. Are you sick and tired of cracking and denting your concrete from drops? Then it would be best if you hired us to ground your concrete for you. As a result, you’ll enjoy increased resilience and durability. If you choose to add a concrete sealer or polish, that will add even more durability to your surface. You can kiss all those scratches, dents, and dings goodbye forever with a freshly ground concrete surface.
- Skid-resistance. Concrete in its untreated form can become quite slippery when wet. It’s also a slick surface in general. Grinding your concrete is a great way to add some natural surface texture. You’ll be able to prevent lots of trips and falls, which will save you from expensive accidents. If you choose to seal your concrete, we can add a non-slip additive. That will make your concrete slip-resistant even when wet!
- It opens up the possibility for more applications and treatments. Probably the most significant advantage of grinding your concrete is the ability to add more applications. At My Floor, we can add concrete coatings, concrete sealers and concrete polishing. You can add a glossy shine and aggregate for a decorative look. For factory settings, we can add non-slip coatings and durable additives. Make sure to check out all our polished concrete options at My Floor. We can turn your cracked, stained surface into a gorgeous floor that’s shiny, durable, and bacteria-free.
- If you add polishing, you can save money on your energy bill. Why stop at just grinding your concrete? At My Floor, we can polish your floor to make it reflective and decorative looking. Not only that, but the added reflectiveness will increase its ability to bounce around ambient light. As a result, you can use natural lighting instead of having to use electricity. Also, the polished concrete will absorb heat during the day and release it at night. That will do a lot to save on your monthly energy bill!
Our specialists concrete grinding teams provide the following services:
- Concrete high spot removal
- Concrete lippage removal
- Removal of trip hazards in concrete
- Levelling concrete surfaces
- Removing glue from tiles, vinyl and timber flooring
- Concrete grinding to remove old coatings such as epoxy and polyurethanes
- Grinding of concrete to prepare for epoxy coatings
- Concrete grinding to repair rain damaged slabs
- Removal of soft concrete
- Repair concrete dusting
- Concrete grinding to remove uneven surfaces
- Concrete grinding to create a non slip texture on external areas
- Removal of existing levelling compounds
- Repairs to concrete
- Concrete grinding to clean the concrete
Is your home or business in:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
If so, you need to reach out to us at My Floor to handle all your concrete grinding needs. Here are a few reasons why we’re the best in the business:
- We offer extensive warranties on our signature floor solutions
- We NEVER use subcontractors. All of our work is always done by our fantastic team, bar none!
- You’ll enjoy an extensive consultation with us before we get started. That way, we can get to know what your specific wants and needs are for your floor.
- Our managers will work with your budget to provide the best quality service.
- We’re total experts at grinding concrete, and we deliver consistent results. You’ll be in great hands when you choose us!
Those are just a few of the reasons why we reign supreme at My Floor when it comes to grinding concrete. If you’re interested in what you’ve seen so far, give us a call at 1300 693 566 to inquire with us today!
Top 10 reasons to choose My Floor
Floor solutions are delicate processes that take professionals to do correctly. That’s why you need to hire our team at My Floor. We’re by far the most experienced and reputable floor solution company in Queensland. You’ll be in great hands when you choose us, and there are many reasons why. Here are the top factors why we’re the best concrete polishing company out there today:
14 years in the business
My Floor is here for the long-term. We got started in 2009, and we’re not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, we continue to grow and expand each year that we’ve been in business. Our longevity is due to our expertise and excellent service. We have superior product knowledge, and we’ve even crafted our own signature flooring solutions. Our team members have also mastered the art of problem-solving on the fly. As a result, we’re able to handle any issue that we encounter with total ease.
Small enough to care, large enough to deliver
We have a total of 8 team members at our company. To us, it’s the perfect sweet spot for us and our customers. We’re small enough to give a very personal touch while large enough to tackle giant projects. Our team can handle tasks that range in size from 20m2 to 20000m2. We provide commercial, residential, and industrial services, all with equal quality and dedication.
Stellar Google reviews
All it takes is one quick internet search to realize how great of a reputation we have. Currently, My Floor boasts almost 100 reviews with a 4.8 average score. All our reviews are candid and totally authentic. We believe our reviews speak for themselves, so don’t be shy about checking them out!
We add value with no complications
Whether our flooring solutions are for your business or home, we add serious value to our clients. Our polished concrete will save you money on electricity and energy, as well as add value to your home. For industrial environments, our no-slip coatings will keep your employees safe and protected. We’re in the business of adding value without complicating matters. The same can’t be said for our competitors!
Most of the companies that you’ll find in Queensland are not certified. At My Floor, we boast our QBCC license, which allows us to carry out concrete coatings and polishing. It’s another mark of our professionalism and expertise.
Ongoing support for our clients
Our services don’t end when we finish with your flooring solution. We’ll educate you on adequately maintaining your floor, and we can perform minor repairs and fixes for you. We value you as our client, and it’s our goal to secure your long-term business. That’s why we won’t hesitate to go above and beyond for you.
Professional team support
We boast incredible attention to detail in our services. We also keep an open line of communication with our team and clients. You’ll always be able to get a hold of us if you have any questions or concerns.
We have rigorous measures in place to ensure our quality stays the same every time. Our project managers mean business, and they check up on all our job sites. They’ll also keep in touch with you to ensure your satisfaction during the entire process.
We’ll consult with you in great detail on what you want out of your flooring solutions. That way, you’ll have complete control over how your flooring installation goes.
Specialists will provide you with extra knowledge
We’ve been in business for 14 years, and we’ve accrued tons of knowledge during that time. Educating our clients is also a big part of what we do, so don’t be shy about asking questions!
Trusted Past Clients
What our clients say
we would love to hear from you